Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Macy's Muffins

This is actually my version the Bran Flax Muffins on the back of the Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal bag. I made some alterations to make them baby-friendly (no nuts or raisins and extra veggies). They're such an easy snack (for Macy and me), Macy loves them, and on some days, it's the only way I can get her to eat her vegetables! I make a double batch and store some in the fridge and the rest in the freezer.

3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
3/4 cup Oat Bran
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup carrot, shredded
1 cup zucchini, shredded
2 apples, peeled and shredded (one time I didn't have apples so I made them with about a cup of canned crushed pineapple instead..)
1/2 cup cranberries, chopped (optional) ((or chopped prunes))
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients (in ingredients list: flour through cinnamon) in large bowl. Stir in carrot, zucchini, apples, and cranberry. Combine milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened; do not over mix. Fill muffin cups and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment